DuPage County Expungement Attorneys for Criminal Record Sealing
At Trent Law Firm, P.C., we are proud to assist eligible clients in clearing their criminal records through expungement. With our experience and legal skill, our attorneys are able to help restore your reputation and minimize the future consequences of your past.
Expungement Lawyers in Carol Stream
Beginning January 1, 2017, individuals may seek to have their criminal records expunged or erased even if they have previously been convicted of a crime. If an individual’s petition for expungement is granted, all affected arrest records maintained by the State of Illinois may be wiped from his or her record. In addition, all related court documents are impounded and may only be accessed in the future by court order. You may be eligible for expungement if:
- You were arrested but never formally charged
- Charges against you were dropped or dismissed
- You were found not guilty of the charges
- Your case was overturned on appeal
- You were pardoned by the Governor
- You pled guilty or were found guilty, but received a sentence of court supervision
- You pled guilty or were found guilty, but received a sentence of special probation
If you have committed a mistake in the past, you should not be punished for the rest of your life. Our skilled expungement attorneys can assist you in clearing your name and moving on with your life.