Experienced Chicago Criminal Defense Lawyers
Criminal Defense Law Firm in Chicago
Theft and Shoplifting
DUI charges can threaten your driving privileges, your livelihood, your insurance premiums and can lead to jail time. We take DUI charges very seriously and use many strategies to successfully defend clients against DUI charges.
Being convicted in one of these crimes in Chicago is life-changing. You may face the following punishments:
- Jail or prison time
- Community service
- Fines, which maybe thousands of dollars
- Substance abuse classes
- Sex offender registration
- A criminal record that’ll appear in background checks when looking for employment and other matters.
Being convicted of a crime can also affect you significantly socially and economically, which can affect your well-being and happiness. Other consequences of an Illinois criminal conviction include:
- Being turned down for rental housing
- Denial of a job offers
- Ineligibility for certain professional licenses or certifications
- Challenges in securing loans, for personal, academic, or business purposes
- Inability to secure clearances needed for certain job opportunities
- A negative impact on immigration status.
If you or a loved one has been arrested and charged with a crime, contact us at 630-682-3100 to discuss your case. Our attorneys work with clients in DuPage, Kane, Cook and Will Counties.